Teaching Persuasive Writing to primary or elementary grades students can be fun if you have the right strategy and ideas. So what's in there for kids?
Persuasive writing improves their critical writing and thinking skills, making this lesson more interesting.
A persuasive text is a text which argues a point of view to convince the reader to agree with the author.
Let's check the Learning objectives and outcomes of our Persuasive writing lesson.
Students should be able to:
- Identify the elements of persuasive writing
- Understand that the writer's goal is to change the perspective of the reader
- Organize thoughts and ideas for prewriting
Students will be able to:
- Develop an outline for a persuasive essay
- Compose a persuasive essay
You can preview the complete lesson video here and download our free Teaching Persuasive Writing powerpoint slides.
Also Check: Classroom Lesson: Writing Process
Download ppt Slides For This Lesson
Editable Lesson Slides included
We hope that this English lesson resource is helpful for you and your students. You can check our complete range of English lessons here.