If you are looking for something quick and easy to make for your next tea party or just an evening tea with family, then these Mini Nutella Tarts or Mini Chocolate Tarts Recipe is just what you need. Even your Lil ones will enjoy making these with you. These 4 ingredients Mini Nutella Tarts are not only simple to make but they are so yummy that it will vanish within no time. So be prepared that you might not get a chance to eat them unless you sneak some for yourself before serving. ????
All you need for this Mini Chocolate Tarts recipe is flour, butter, cream cheese and Nutella. Cream cheese??? Yes, you heard it right. Cream cheese is the secret ingredient that makes your shortbread tart soft and crumbly. There’s no sugar in the dough but in case you find it too bland for your taste buds, then you can add a tablespoon or two of sugar. The Nutella topping is enough for the sweetness, in my opinion.
The best thing about these Mini Nutella Tarts is that it’s a four-step recipe. No pre or post tasks or steps needed. Just gather the ingredients, mix together to make the dough, shape it and bake it! There you go!!! You have your Mini Nutella Tarts ready.
So, let’s not waste any more time and get you to the recipe.
Mini Nutella Tarts
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15-18 mins
Yield: 25-30 bite sized tarts
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 oz (110 gms) Cream cheese or 6-7 squares
1 stick of softened butter (100 gms)
2 tbsp. granulated sugar (optional)
¾ to 1 cup Nutella
- Mix together butter and cream cheese with a whisk until well creamy. If you wish, you can use a hand mixer. Once smooth and creamy, add the flour (and sugar, if you are using). Knead it into a ball.
- Shape the dough into small bite sized balls and make a crater/dip in the middle to shape it like a tart.
- Drop a dollop of Nutella, say about half a teaspoon, in the crater. You can even use a pipen bag attached with a star nozzle to make it fancier. Remember: Nutella is topped before baking in this recipe. Don’t worry Nutella will not melt away.
- Bake it for 15-18 mins or until the crust turns golden. DO NOT overbake!
- Let it cool for good 15-20 mins before serving.
You can make these a day ahead and store them in an airtight container on room temperature or refrigerate them up to a week.
It is necessary to use packaged cheese and not the bottled one. The bottled cheese is runnier so will make your dough soft and gooey, which is exactly what you don’t want.
You can replace Nutella, with any other chocolate hazelnut spread but nothing else. This recipe is only tried and tested for chocolate hazelnut spread.
Also try other recipes in our food blog.
Leave a Comment Below and let us know how it turned out!