Easy Carrot Cake Recipe – scrumptious and easy, this Carrot Pound Cake Recipe gives a new twist to the classic evening dessert in pound cake form!
Weekend Gatherings with Friend or Family
Every weekend we, friends, gather for a relaxing chit chat over a late-night supper table full of delicious food. The house fills with laughter, love, and light, but at the center of it all are the recipes we love to enjoy together. All of us contribute to the meal whether it’s something small like refreshments or an entire vat of salsa and nachos. As I’m sure you guys could’ve guessed I love to bring dessert.
Who Doesn’t Love Desserts?
One of my favorite things to make for weekends is a Classic Carrot Cake. You truly cannot go wrong. We’re talking cream cheese frosting, a perfectly spiced cake with nuggets of carrots and walnuts. Frost one big carrot on the top and suddenly, you’ve got the centerpiece for the supper party.
Classic Carrot Cake with a Twist
However, I like to switch things up and create new recipes out of the old ones. This Easy Carrot Cake recipe in the form of a pound cake, is amongst one of them.
Most of the recipes we use on a daily basis have been adapted a million times over. One of the beauties of baking is being able to create original versions of a classic and not knowing if you yourself have created a new classic.
As Simple as ABC
In all fairness, the hassle of making a layer cake is a little stressful. Making sure the layers are just right and frosting it to near perfection is more anxiety than enjoyment.
This is exactly why my Easy Carrot Cake Recipe, made with two important dessert spices and vanilla, should be the recipe you reach for any tea/supper party. This is hassle free; it’s super simple and totally delicious. This cake batter recipe does not even require a mixer!
Spice Up Your Evening
This Easy Carrot Cake Recipe has all the flavors of a traditional carrot cake you adore. Ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg help to make this cake perfectly spiced. A hint of pure vanilla extract whispers through the cake batter. This Easy Carrot Cake Recipe gets more heavenly with every single bite.
Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
- Prep time:20 mins
- Cook time: 55-60 mins
- Yield: 10-inch pound cake
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup yogurt at room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup finely crushed walnuts or almonds
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ⅓ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In one large bowl, whisk together shredded carrots, both sugars, yoghurt, oil, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together until well incorporated. Finally, add the nuts and mix well.
- Add the batter to a non-stick sprayed 10-inch loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan then turn the cake out on a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the Icing:
- Add cream cheese to a medium sized bowl and use a hand mixer to mix on medium high speed.
- Turn mixer down to slow speed and carefully add in the icing sugar in two separate intervals until incorporated.
- Next add vanilla extract and mix until smooth and pourable.
- Drizzle icing over top of cooled cake.
Optional: Garnish the top of the pound cake with toasted coconut.
Shelf Life: This cake can last on your kitchen counter for up to three days and a week in the refrigerator.
Yogurt: The yogurt can be replaced with the same quantity of sour cream.
Icing: This Easy Carrot Cake recipe goes very well without the icing even but if you want to impress others with your culinary skills then go ahead and top it.
Also, try our other Recipes in our Food Blog. Leave a Comment Below and let us know how it turned out!